Training to be a Mommy...
I sure miss having a new baby in the house. It has been 3 long years since I last held a little new bundle of joy. I guess I always took for granted that we would always have a new little one to hold in our home. I have now learned to never take anything for granted. It was always a beneficial thing when we had a new baby around for our littlest ones to help teach, train, hold, love, and care for. It was a way of them to learn how to train for their future rolls as a mommy or daddy when their time came. I often thought of the fact that my last baby or babies would not have had that same blessed opportunity that their siblings have had with having a new baby to help care for. The only things my twins have had the opportunity to mother is their baby dolls and each other. I have noticed dear mothers that whenever we are out all my children, even my twins will notice a baby and google over it. God has shown me that He puts the desires into our little ones and it is up to us to help grow those traits and willingness that they already have put into them.
Having twins has surely been a new type of adventure for me and they never cease to amaze me with their willingness to mother each other. Here is a typical picture of my twin girls trying to diaper each other. This is something they have done for quite a long time now I thought it was time to capture the moment and share it. As you can see in these photos mothers, little girls will find ways to fulfill their mommy instincts this is just one example. My twins help each other brush their hair, teeth, get dressed, clean their rooms. They pray for each other if one is hurt, they hug each other if the other is sad their natural maternal instincts have proven to be endless it sure brings me such joy to watch moments like these.
Take advantage of these moments and embrace them. Talk to them about how wonderful their willingness to be a mother pleases God and you. Talk to them about how they are fulfilling a purpose God put in them. Talk to them about one day they will raise children of their own. These are rare and passing teachable moments and precious ones at that! Sometimes we tire from our long days of caring for those we love that we forget that this is just a season of our life that will soon be gone. Time passes oh too soon dear mothers and before you know it your children will be grown and those moments will be long gone. They are so easy to forget if we don't take the time to record them somehow. This season of life is just that a season so dear mothers enjoy it while you can it doesn't last forever!! Now go grab your camera or journal and be sure to capture the moments you may one day too easily forget but are worth cherishing for a lifetime.
Dearest Lord
Thank you for moments like these when my heart aches for a new little one to hold. I don't want to miss and pass over these precious times and lose hold of what I do have now. Thank you for such willing hearts to train for you Lord! In Jesus name I pray. Amen
No comments:
Post a Comment