Super Sun Dried Tomato PestoCan you tell I like Pesto? LOL
Here is another favorite of ours. I am not one to measure I tend to throw things together. So most the recipes I post are estimates. Give this a try and let me know what you think. Beware this is a very garlicky recipe!!
3/4 cup of lightly packed sun dried tomatoes (soaked in hot water until soft)
1 cup of boiling water
3/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
5 whole crushed cloves of garlic (more or less to taste)
Celtic sea salt to taste
1 loaf of whole wheat french bread or baguette
Soak the tomatoes with the water you boiled.
Soak them until they are tender approx 10 min.
Drain the water out and reserve it for now.
Put the tomatoes in a food processor along with the oil, garlic and the reserved water the recipe calls for. Blend well until smooth. It takes a bit the tomatoes can be stubborn. LOL.
If it is too pasty add a little more olive oil or add a little bit of the water you reserved or both. Blend until it is to a desired consistency.
Add your salt to taste.
Warm the bread at a low temperature in the oven. When it is warm remove it from the oven, slice it up and spread the pesto on it. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment