These purses were so easy and fun to make. My girls just absolutely love them. I have one more to go. I did not take step by step pictures for these but if anyone is interested in seeing the process I will post the steps for when I make my last one.
These are sewn completely by hand. I am a novice when it comes to using a sewing machine. I can do a straight line but that is about all I can do. My machine is currently not working right so I didn't want that to stop me from making these purses. My Nana was a seamstress by trade while I was growing up. I would put her to shame if she saw me trying to use a sewing machine. LOL
To make these I cut out the material and pinned it into the shape I wanted them inside out. After sewing it by hand I turned it right side out and sewed on the handle. Then I put slits where the button holes would go. Lastly I sewed on the buttons and then sewed on a little decal on the corner of each purse. That is all there is to it. My girls love to sit and sew with me and that is the way I like it, I enjoy when they are learning right along side me. Here are the purses my 5 yr old and 4 yr old made. I pinned them and they sewed them.
Doing these purses was a good home school home economics project. They are never too young to learn!
Dearest Lord, Help me to never take things like sewing with my hands for granted. I know there are many mothers out there who do not have the use of their hands and too many of us forget to be thankful for the simple things in life. Thank you for reminding me that every task I am able to do is a true blessing in my life. I am thankful that I can teach my girls to sew and learn how to be keepers of their homes. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment