So she asks for help from the start...
What a wise little girl...

It gets me thinking..... How many times am I unwise and do this with God? How many times do I set off on my own to do a task that I truly cannot do without His help? How many times do I struggle and strain through my own failed attempts, while completely forgetting that God is right there just waiting for me to ask Him for help? How much time and energy do I truly waste on my own failed efforts before I admit defeat and ask God for the help I needed from the start?
Oh how much easier it would be to always remember that I can do nothing apart from the Lord. But I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me...Philippians 4:13
God is so patient with me. He lovingly sits and awaits for me to realize I need Him. Just as I did with my daughter. Through the process I am thankful to learn a valuable lesson of my own. I utilize that moment to see myself as God sees me. It reminds me of just how important it is for me to step outside my own wants and desires and remember I am nothing without Him. I can accomplish so much more with Him than I ever could without Him.
It is a wonderful heart lesson to learn. Sometimes I just have to learn the hard way like my one daughter did. While other times I don't waste that time, I ask for help from the start, like her twin sister did.
I learn so much about what God sees and wants from us just by watching and teaching my own children... After patiently waiting for my daughter to realize she needed me.....
No comments:
Post a Comment