
I love getting mail! Because I love my mailman! lol This is one of my private mailman. This little guy loves to surprise me the most with fake mail. My sons are always trying to trick me with surprise envelopes they created and convince me it is mail that was sent to me via the post office. They will even go so far as to draw fake stamps of all kinds onto the envelopes, address them, and even draw little decals. In this picture my little guy tried to make his mail look like a simple package for me by stuffing it with foam.
They stick their mail into the mail pile for the day or sometimes they just hand it directly to me. When they hand it to me they try so hard to keep a straight face as they are trying to tell me that was it for the mail that day.
Inside the envelope is always a precious note to me about how much they love me and appreciate me. They tell me how I am the best and prettiest mommy in the world. Even though I know that is so far from the truth. I appreciate their genuine love for me. It is a reminder to me of just how blessed I am. It is also a reminder to me of just how biased my children truly are when it comes to their mommy!
My children are always doing things like this that bless me beyond words. The trouble they go through just to make me feel special and loved. How many times does the Lord do this with us and we just miss it because we are not paying close enough attention. We let things in life distract us from the One who spends so much time wooing us.
I am a heavy thinker. I am one of those people who is always searching, digging deeper, forever analyzing something in order to find that deeper meaning to it. Because I am this way, more often than I would like, I tend to sometimes have a hard time comprehending and accepting the simple things in life.
The Lord is ever so gracious and patient with me. He uses my children, through moments such as these, to help me reach that place of a better understanding. A better understanding of what Agape love looks like through the real life actions of my children. God's love for me is so deep but how I got it was so very simple.... He just gave it to me.
I know I did nothing to deserve such deep and unconditional love from my children yet they give it to me so willingly and that holds true for Jesus too! That my friend is the simple yet powerful understanding of the love that my Jesus has for me and for you! I am ever so thankful I am loved by Jesus and my children! Aren't you glad Jesus loves you too!
I am ever so thankful that my children have such sweet spirits . They are such willing and open vessels that the Lord often uses, to teach this servant of His, the things she is needing to know and learn.
Dearest Jesus, Thank you for allowing me moments like these. These are those rare times that my mind is quiet and my soul is at rest. Thank you for allowing me such a clear understanding of your love for me! The simplicity of moments such as these are such treasured ones in my life! In Jesus name I pray, Amen~
No comments:
Post a Comment