Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Patchouli the Peaceful Oil....

Patchouli the Peaceful Oil....











How Patchouli benefits your skin....

The skin conditions in which patchouli is particulary good at repairing and healing are the following:

Chapped hands, dry cracked feet, razor bumps and inflammations. It is also good for sensitive and dehydrated skin. It is a non-toxic, non-irritant and non-sensitizing ingredient, which helps to soothe even the most sensitive skin. Patchouli helps stimulate skin growth while it heals sore, dry, distressed and inflamed skin.


The astringent action of patchouli tones and revitalizes the skin, while its diuretic action removes any excess fluids from the skins tissue. Its antiseptic action not only helps to cool down inflamed skin, but also helps to sort the source of the inflammation.


Patchouli has antibacterial, antifungal, antiseptic and antiviral compounds.

The emotional benefits of Patchouli are as follows:
It helps fight depression, it is a soothing, calming (great for anxiety) and sensuous oil that should be used sparingly.


More About Patuchouli:
This musk like earthy oil is widely used in incense. It was used a lot during the hippie- era of the late 1960's. The Patchouli plant is a fragrant herb that with age the heavy herbal odor increases. When using the oil you will find it to be amber, orange or dark brown in color.

Medicinal Benefits of Patchouli:
Patchouli is also used to treat dysentery, diarrhea, vomiting, colds without fevers, and nausea.

Using Patchouli as a perfume oil:
Patchouli is a wonderfully powerful oil worn as a perfume oil, it is supposed to be appealing to the opposite sex. I love the smell of Patchouli oil. I use it often. It is truly calming and I will even wear it to bed sometimes. Try it out see what you think!

Dearest Lord, Thank you for another amazing oil! One I absolutely love the smell of! In Jesus name I pray, Amen~

No comments: