Thursday, September 20, 2007

Living Life on Purpose.... Following Creation....

Living Life on Purpose.... Examples in Creation....












Isn't this Praying Mantis one of the cutest little things you have ever seen? Look at the cute little things he is doing in these pictures. It sure seemed like he was posing for me much of the time, as I clicked away. If you look at his front feet, in some these pictures, it sure looks like he is praying and pondering. I understand now where they got their name the Praying Mantis from.


























This is just one of the many little critters my children have been catching lately. Such fun to do as homeschooling nature studies. He was so cute I figured we would keep him for awhile just to enjoy watching him. God sure made such amazing little critters, didn't He?





















What can we learn from all of these little critters that God has made? Well one thing is that they each fulfill the purpose that they were created for. They do what they know they are meant to do and they just do it. They do not have anyone watching over them instructing them, guiding them or making sure that they are following through with what their purpose is. You will never find any animal or critter wasting their God given life! God has given us so many examples in His creation to imitate and follow.....


In God's creation there is a purpose a time and a season for all things.

Ecclesiastes 3:1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.

The enemy wants to steal what God has created us for. I often ponder just how much of our lives we allow to be wasted away? Each phase of our life is a season. Each season is meant to serve its own purpose during the time it was created for. But too often we miss those opportunities because we became too lax and the enemy comes in and steals away what doesn't belong to him. We procrastinate and ignore the things we know we should be doing. Too many times we tend to hold so little value towards the precious gift of time. I think about how sad it is that we can never get back those days we so foolishly allowed to be stolen away. How often do you hear it spoken that life just seemed to pass by in the blink of an eye. Why do we allow the enemy to do that in our life? God created us to be superior to all other creation yet we tend to be the most foolish and unwise of all His creation. I feel it is so important that we keep a better watch and teach our children to do the same. A thief will steal whatever they can get away with stealing. I feel it is so important for us to guard our treasures.

Make a decision to take the time and look around you. Learn by all that you see. Watch how orderly God's creation is. Nothing is ever done out of order. I have never seen the sun decide not to rise one morning. I have never seen the winter decide to take a year off. I have never seen a bird decide to sleep instead of going and finding food to eat or find materials needed to build their nest. All of God's creation follows the plan God has for them wouldn't it be great if we all purposed to do the same? God has given us free will. This gift should be used by us wisely.

All my life I have heard about or have personally known so many people who have suddenly passed away or came very close to it. People who were still so young, people who were not sick in anyway, people who suddenly died in an unexpected accident. Their life was instantly over in the blink of an eye. No warning, no time to correct or change the error of their ways. No way to get back the precious time they allowed to be stolen and wasted away. There is no way for us to know when our time will be up. So many of the people I knew that died were not old at all. As a matter of fact many of them were still very young. How many times do we find ourselves shrugging off our convictions? How often are we allowing time to pass us by thinking, well I always have tomorrow to do that or to change what we know needs changing? A motto many people have come up with these days is "Why not put off today what we can do tomorrow." But I will say it again we are not assured another tomorrow. There is no guarantee we will have that opportunity. The enemy knows this and he tricks us into believing his lies. Then we end up so foolishly wasting another day of the precious life God has so graciously given to us.

If you find you are not doing all you were created to do, choose to start changing that TODAY! There are so many examples throughout God's creation to learn from. Observe the obedience, order, organization, diligence, determination, perseverance, and the wisdom of all the creation around you. Then make a conscious decision to do the same. Choose to no longer waste another day of this God given life. Stand strong against the enemy and take back what belongs to you! Live your life the way God created us to live it. We will never be perfect and we will fail at times. So when this happens make the choice to get right back up take a new step forward and never give up.

Learn from nature. If a bird builds a nest and it blows away, that bird doesn't give up. Oh never for if it did it would surely die. That bird just does what needs to be done to seek all new materials and immediately begins to rebuild another nest. Not only are we cheating God out of what fulfilling the purpose he created us for. But we are also cheating ourselves out of a much more fulfilled life. We may not be able to get back yesterday but we can certainly enjoy the rest of our tomorrows however many we have left. I am not exempt from making these same mistakes. I want to one day hear my Lord say, "Well done good and faithful servant!" "You spent your life serving me well!" So will you join me today and purpose to live your life on purpose? Whenever we choose to do right God will always bless us for it! If not here on earth we will reap our rewards in eternity!

Happy living dear sisters! Let us keep on keeping on!

Dearest Lord, I pray for the wisdom and the strength to never waste my God given days! My I always teach my children the importance of living each day for you! May I never forget that we were created for your glory may I live my life accordingly! My heart belongs to you Lord and so does my life! For those who struggle fill us with your Holy Spirit and guide us through your strength, today and always! In Jesus name I pray, Amen~

No comments: