
Well I finally canned salsa. This picture shows my results. I was somewhat disappointed that I only got 3 quarts out of that whole process. But WOW I must take my hat off to all of you who can regularly. This was quite a long process. I don't know if it was because I didn't know what I was doing. lol But it took me quite a long time to get it all done. I am also convinced that you need to be an octopus in order to juggle all the steps that need to be done since timing is important.
Now I must admit that when it was all said and done I truly wondered, just how much nutritional value was really left in my food. The food just seemed to have to go through a lot of boiling and lengthy cooking in order for me to can it. I think now that I finally tried my hand at canning I may just stick with freezing my food in mason jars after all. I believe they retain a lot more nutritional value that way. Since we have enough freezer space that is an option that is available to me. I know not every one has a lot of freezer space available to them. In that case you do what you can God knows your situation and will bless your efforts.
I may now try pressure canning once. Just to see how it's done. I am assuming it may be easier than water bath canning but I am guessing I truly have no idea as of yet. If it is easier and there are foods that I buy already canned from the stores I will just use that process.
I am thankful for the opportunity to try this process. Thank goodness for the help of my wonderful husband and my precious children. Without them I would of never been able to complete it. It sure was a test of my patience. I failed a few times but as always I am quickly and easily forgiven! Thank goodness for Grace within my own family!
Some things in canning can be similar to things in our christian walk. We may find some of the processes we have to go through as long and tedious. Everything may not be exactly what we were expecting. There are times we may be disappointed with the results we end up with.
But the christian walk, unlike canning can and will use all things that happens for a purpose. It will use the bad and turn it into good. So next time you are in a situation you don't like. When you are struggling with how things are turning out. Trust it all to God and believe that He will work it all out for His glory in the end. He will bring you to a place you never thought possible when you TRUST! Even when things are not looking the way you expected them to. It will always be the right end result when God is in control!
Remember if I can do this you too can do anything you set out to do.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
No comments:
Post a Comment