Saturday, October 13, 2007

Practical Life Skills and More....A Good Book to Have....

"What Every Child Should Know Along the Way"











I am currently reading this book. If you do not have this book in your home library you may want to consider getting it. It has a lot of good topics in it. There are also charts for age appropriate Practical Life Skills to be teaching your children. If you home school it is a great tool in aiding you with your teaching.

Here are the topics that are in the Table of Contents....
Then under the topics are listed the sub-topics....

Introduction
Aim them Straight
How to Use the Book

Dynamic Devotional Living
Unstructured Devotions
Structured Devotions
Family Prayer List

Cultivation Family Unity
Family Togetherness
Siblings as Friends

Gifts and Talents
Acknowledging Gifts and Talents
Use Your Gifts with Humility
The Race Worth Running

Biblical Character Traits
Developing Character
Character Traits
Bible Characters to Consider
Becoming Godly Men and Women
Treasures for the Young

Manners
Gracious Living from God's Word
List of Specific Manners
Mannerly Attitudes and Actions
Communication
For Gentlemen Only
For Ladies Only
Shopping
Traveling Appearance
Mealtimes
At Church
Miscellaneous Moments

Practical Living Skills
Helpful Hints for Diligent Kids
Practical Living Skills Checklist
Helping Hand Chart
Diligent Kids Gold Star Chart

Personal Safety
Safety from God's Word
Common Sense Safety Guidelines
Swimming
Thoughts for Hiking
Playgrounds
Pedestrians
Bikes
Motor Vehicles
Sharp or Dangerous Things
Electricity
Hot Stuff
Fire
Animals
Strangers
Touching

Epilogue

Resources

I hope you enjoy this book as much as I am enjoying it. Feel free to share with us what you think!

Dearest Lord, I thank you for resources like these. Ones that help us as parents teach and guide our children in practical life skills that they need to learn along the way. In Jesus name I pray, Amen~

No comments: