Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Being Transformed.... Becoming White as Snow....

Being Transformed....Becoming White as Snow....

We woke up the other morning to this white stuff on the ground. The children couldn't wait to go outside and play and make a few creative snowmen in the process. Can you see the difference in the two snowmen?

It is so much fun to see what each child focused on while creating their own snowman. My one son who is good at architecting things focused his efforts on the structure of his snowman. He built his snowman to last by building it to be very strong and sturdy.

Now my other son who is very good at decorating and making things look nice focused his efforts more on making his snowman cute and enjoyable for others to look at.

Each child is so unique in their own way!! If you don't already do so, take the time to watch each one of your children. Watch to see what they are good at and what their gifts are.

Now just as my boys took loose shapeless snow off the ground and turned it into something creative, fun and unique, so Christ also does this with us. When He comes into our lives he takes a pile of nothing and turns us into a wonderful something in Him.















Waking up to this surprise snowfall was a good reminder to me of just how fast Christ will one day come back. One day, when we least expect it, the angels will blow their trumpets and
Christ will come down from the heavens to call us to come home.















I also saw this snowfall as a good example for teaching my younger children just what happens when we invite Christ to come live in our hearts.
When we invite Jesus into our hearts we are transformed overnight into something new, beautiful and pure. He takes our scarlet red sins and washes them white as snow. We become a new creation in Him.















Just as my children had so much fun in this snowfall the same holds true for when Christ comes into our hearts and lives. We can finally experience what true joy is and our lives are fulfilled in and through Him.
He transforms our lives into something meaningful, wonderful and truly amazing! There is nothing else like it in this world! I am so thankful that Christ washed me clean!















Dearest Lord, I thank you for the beauty of creation!!! I enjoy it so much!! I also thank you for your precious gift of salvation! I thank you for washing me white as snow. I thank you for living in my life, in my heart and in my home! As all my children grow to know you more and more with each and every passing day I pray you will continue to grow in their lives and continue to direct their paths! For those who do not know you Lord, I pray you will touch their lives right now. I pray you will make yourself known to them and that they too will accept you into their hearts and lives. Thank you for all you do and for your precious grace you so freely give! In Jesus name I pray, Amen~

No comments: