



Just like I shared in my previous post, about how an owl can watch us without us even being aware of it, this same truth rings even truer when it comes to our very own children. They watch us ever so closely more than any other person ever will. They are always watching and listening even when we don't think they are.
When our children are young they learn to mirror us quite well. It is very important to me that my children learn to walk in the absolute truth! I don't want them to become phonies. Now of course, I am still human, and I am far from being perfect. But I am thankful to see the truth mirrored in the lives and actions of my children more than anything else.
Since we are quite a large family, we tend to stand out wherever we go. Because people tend to watch us one of the first questions we usually get asked is, "Are they all yours"? When the answer is, "Yes" the response is always the same, "WOW, and they are all so well behaved, polite and happy." For people to take the time to come over just to share what a blessing our family was to them, confirms to me that the fruits of our labors are paying off. It means even more to me when the compliments come from elderly people. What people are seeing, when they watch our children, is the goodness that my husband and I work on modeling and living out in our own lives. Therefore it is then mirrored in the lives of our children.
Even during our struggles our children are watching us to see how we will handle our trials? Do we blame others? Are we trusting God? What do they see? If you truly want to know the answer to that question then take the time to watch how your younger children handle their struggles and trials. The mirror never lies.
Because younger children mirror us, may I challenge you precious sisters, to dare to look into your own mirrors. In doing so you will be able to evaluate what footprints you are leaving behind for your children to follow in. If you find that you become discouraged, while looking into your mirror, remember that it is never too late to change. Take a moment to say a prayer, ask God to help you start changing now!
I have a dear and precious friend who has been such an amazing example and blessing to her children and to all who know her. She has been through so many struggles ever since I have known her. Her struggles are true struggles, not self made up ones or ones that she brought upon herself. It has been such a blessing to see her grow so much over the years in her spiritual walk. I have watched her learn to completely lean into and onto God with all her heart and soul. She has learned to praise Him even through her tears. She has learned to sing to Him from the depths of her soul. She has never given up hope even when her body and mind were so worn out that they wanted to give up! She is the most genuine person you will ever meet. She lives her life for the Lord through the good and bad and she doesn't just call upon Him in times of trouble. Because she has modeled these things for her children they too have learned to be strong and lean on the Lord throughout their own struggles and lives. She can be proud when she looks in her mirror knowing she modeled the truth for them! I am thankful you are in my life Sheree! Thank you for being such a blessing!
I want to teach my children to be true to themselves and true to who God created them to be!!! I don't want them to try to be someone they are not that lie will never bring them happiness.
I am routing for those of you who are wanting and willing to change! You can do anything when you allow Christ to work in you! I am a living example of a human who fails and needs the Lord moment by moment.
Dearest Lord, it is my hearts desire for my children to always model your truth. We are all human and make mistakes but I see truth as the foundation of our family and it warms my heart when I see truth lived out in my children's lives. I pray for those who are not living in the truth, for you are truth Lord and if they are not living in truth they are not living for you! May you touch their lives and give them the strength to follow you while their children follow them! I thank you and praise you for all that you do! In Jesus name I pray, Amen~
When our children are young they learn to mirror us quite well. It is very important to me that my children learn to walk in the absolute truth! I don't want them to become phonies. Now of course, I am still human, and I am far from being perfect. But I am thankful to see the truth mirrored in the lives and actions of my children more than anything else.
Since we are quite a large family, we tend to stand out wherever we go. Because people tend to watch us one of the first questions we usually get asked is, "Are they all yours"? When the answer is, "Yes" the response is always the same, "WOW, and they are all so well behaved, polite and happy." For people to take the time to come over just to share what a blessing our family was to them, confirms to me that the fruits of our labors are paying off. It means even more to me when the compliments come from elderly people. What people are seeing, when they watch our children, is the goodness that my husband and I work on modeling and living out in our own lives. Therefore it is then mirrored in the lives of our children.
Even during our struggles our children are watching us to see how we will handle our trials? Do we blame others? Are we trusting God? What do they see? If you truly want to know the answer to that question then take the time to watch how your younger children handle their struggles and trials. The mirror never lies.
Because younger children mirror us, may I challenge you precious sisters, to dare to look into your own mirrors. In doing so you will be able to evaluate what footprints you are leaving behind for your children to follow in. If you find that you become discouraged, while looking into your mirror, remember that it is never too late to change. Take a moment to say a prayer, ask God to help you start changing now!
I have a dear and precious friend who has been such an amazing example and blessing to her children and to all who know her. She has been through so many struggles ever since I have known her. Her struggles are true struggles, not self made up ones or ones that she brought upon herself. It has been such a blessing to see her grow so much over the years in her spiritual walk. I have watched her learn to completely lean into and onto God with all her heart and soul. She has learned to praise Him even through her tears. She has learned to sing to Him from the depths of her soul. She has never given up hope even when her body and mind were so worn out that they wanted to give up! She is the most genuine person you will ever meet. She lives her life for the Lord through the good and bad and she doesn't just call upon Him in times of trouble. Because she has modeled these things for her children they too have learned to be strong and lean on the Lord throughout their own struggles and lives. She can be proud when she looks in her mirror knowing she modeled the truth for them! I am thankful you are in my life Sheree! Thank you for being such a blessing!
I want to teach my children to be true to themselves and true to who God created them to be!!! I don't want them to try to be someone they are not that lie will never bring them happiness.
I am routing for those of you who are wanting and willing to change! You can do anything when you allow Christ to work in you! I am a living example of a human who fails and needs the Lord moment by moment.
Dearest Lord, it is my hearts desire for my children to always model your truth. We are all human and make mistakes but I see truth as the foundation of our family and it warms my heart when I see truth lived out in my children's lives. I pray for those who are not living in the truth, for you are truth Lord and if they are not living in truth they are not living for you! May you touch their lives and give them the strength to follow you while their children follow them! I thank you and praise you for all that you do! In Jesus name I pray, Amen~
No comments:
Post a Comment