
If there is one thing I have learned over the years, it is that we were never meant to run the race of life all alone. The Lord gave us family and friends in order to bless us with the gift of fellowship. He wanted us to learn to draw strength from one another whenever we grew weary and weak and had no more strength of our own to draw upon. He knew that we would become so much stronger in life if and when we allowed others to stand behind us supporting us through those hard times. Too many times many of us try to run that race all alone. We withdraw into ourselves and forget that there is someone right next to us who is willing and ready to be there for us through the good and the bad.

Sadly, in this day and age, people are just becoming too busy in their own lives to notice those who are hurting and in need of some fellowship.

In our family we work very hard in teaching our children how to notice the needs of those around them, including each other. I don't want my precious children to become self centered and selfish I want them to become other oriented and selfless. This is something they will learn how to do by practicing it, watching it and seeing us model it. When we teach our children this beautiful concept from an early age they will grow into sensitive and caring people.
It is so rewarding every time I see my children relying on one other. Pulling together as a team in order to get a job done, without me even asking them to do so! I enjoy seeing my children joyfully fellow shipping with one another as they laugh and have fun. It is such a blessing to me when I see my children give up something they truly wanted in order to give someone else something that they truly needed!
All these things are very important to me because I want for my children to become true hearted givers and never ever greedy unappreciative takers! The action of giving is only half of the gesture, because how we give matters so much more. Giving from our heart is the only giving that really matters.
If my children happen to have a bad day I always try to remind them that there is always someone else out there who is having a worse day then them. When we think of others and give to others it takes our mind off ourselves. Christ gave wholeheartedly of himself to us. Wouldn't that be wonderful if we could all just give back a small amount of that to one another?
So next time you are out or having a rough day take the time to reach out to the person next to you. Smile at them, greet them with a hug, invite them over for some fellowship time or a meal, share an encouraging word with them. Do whatever it takes to let them know that they are not alone. Share the love of Jesus! By being a true friend, your children will learn how to be one too!
Remember we were not meant to run the race of life alone. If you are in need fellowship, don't be afraid to ask. Visa-versa, if you see someone in need reach out. When you take the time to run along side of someone in need it will take your mind off of your own woes and it will also bring a smile to their face and yours! When we are running and grow weary don't be afraid grab onto someone in order to keep yourself from falling. God created us to be a family, one that was meant to lean on each other so stop trying to do it alone, you were never created to do so! Give fellowship a try I promise you, you will not regret it!

Dearest Lord, May my children always learn to be true givers and never takers. May I always be the example you desire me to be to them! May my children learn how to show goodness and love. May I always have a thankful heart to you and to those who take the time to give to me even when they have their own struggles. I praise you and thank you for all that you do! As always thank you for these precious children! I pray for those who are lonely and in need of fellowship may they receive what they need. May their lives be touched forever! In Jesus name I pray, Amen~

No comments:
Post a Comment