
When I was at the store, picking out a birthday dress (the one in the picture above), for my little girl, I spotted these boots and I just couldn't resist getting them. They are a shiny purple and the color just happened to match the dress perfectly!
When she awoke, the morning of her birthday, she was so excited to find, on her table, her new outfit . It was just waiting for her to put it on. Needless to say she fell in love with the dress and boots instantly. Now here it is weeks past her birthday and those are what she chooses to put on her feet everyday! She wore the dress every day for a week after her birthday. I finally had to peel it off of her body and make her take it off but she was happy that she was able to still wear the boots!
Every morning that we wake up and open our eyes to another new day, it is another precious gift from God. He has given us another chance to do His will and another chance to follow what it is He has created us to do. God wants us to awake to our new day in the same way that my daughter awoke to hers. He wants us to awake with anticipation and excitement because we know that He has given us the gift, of another day. We have been given the opportunity of another chance. A chance that allows us to follow more closely behind Him as we walk out our lives stepping and following in His footsteps. We have been given the pleasure of living for Him, as we serve Him, our families and friends in all that we do. He has given us another day to reach out to those around us, including those who are strangers to us. When we touch the lives of those, whose paths we may cross as we walk through this journey of life, we are demonstrating the love of Christ. We allow God to use us as His Willing Vessel. A vessel that He uses to reach those who may not yet know Him. It gives someone else, an opportunity to know Him and accept Him as their Lord and Savior just in case their tomorrow never comes.
So don't take for granted that we will wake up to another tomorrow. Because I am learning more and more with each and every passing day that tomorrow may never come for some of us. Whether we're young or old is not what decides the length of life. God has numbered our days and only He knows what that number is. We should live each day to the fullest as if it was our last on earth. I know when I get to heaven I want to hear....
Matthew 25:21 His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
God wants us to be excited about waking up. He wants us to anticipate the gift He has waiting for us. The gift of dressing ourselves in the full armor of God, after we have read and soaked ourselves in the His Word, the Word of God. Once we are fully clothed in His armor He wants us to keep it on forever and to never ever want to take it off. Just as my daughter did not ever want to take off her dress God wants us to feel that way about His gift too! He yearns for us to seek Him in all that we do! Asking for His wisdom, guidance and direction in all of the paths that we may walk on in our journey of life. He needs us to step out of the way and allow Him to step in. We need to learn how to put ourselves and our desires aside in order to let Him guide us in where it is He wants us to go.
God never promised us that life would be easy. But He did promise to never leave us nor forsake us as we embark on our journey through this earthly life. He has also promised the gift of Salvation to all of those who simply ask for it. It is a free gift for everyone and it is awaiting for you whenever you stop and ask Him for it! If you haven't done so yet, would you take a moment to do so now? Do not put it off until tomorrow for as I said previously said tomorrow may never come. The next minute or hour may not come, we just do not know. So the time to do it is NOW!! Please don't wait! Say the following prayer and enter into the most precious relationship you will ever know! Jesus said.......
Revelation 3:20: Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
Say, Dearest Jesus, I know that I am a sinner. I know that I do not deserve the precious gift of eternal life that you so generously offer to all. I know that you died on the cross for my sins in order that I may have Salvation through your death. Through your Crucifixion you bore the sins of the world. I know that without you there is no way into heaven. In your Word you say.......
John 14: Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
So I am asking you dear Jesus please come into my heart and transform me into who you have created me to be. I ask that you stand before me at the throne of God and proclaim me as yours! I thank you for the best gift of all! In your precious name I pray! Amen~
If you just prayed this prayer and accepted Jesus Christ as your personal Savior. Please post a comment in this post, or leave a message in the chat box on the side bar or email me privately! I would love for you to share with me about the beginning of your new journey!! Welcome to the kingdom of God! You are now a precious child of the Lord's! See you in heaven one day!
No comments:
Post a Comment