Saturday, August 09, 2008

The Joys that are Brought Through the Smallest Acts of Love

The Joys that are Brought Through the Smallest Acts of Love.......


















note of love from one of my younger sons.....

















One happy mama who loves each and every note.....


I wanted to share another thing I have done with the many notes from my children throughout my many years of mothering.....

Whenever one of my children would write me a note, draw me a picture or give me a trinket I would grab one of my reading books and stow away the item I was given inside that book. I would be sure to write the name of the child who gave me the precious gift as well as the date I received it from them and their age. Whenever I would receive a new note I would take the time to put that note in one of my many other books. In doing so I get a new surprise each and every time I read a new book. Each and every note brings joy to my heart. So many times in the middle of reading a book I would stumble upon one of my notes I had stowed away. Other places I would place my notes is in my drawers, my make up case, my mommy planner or I tape them to my mirror. I place them in my kitchen drawers and even put them in my glove box in the car. You name it I store it there. Whenever I find these gems I cannot help but take a wonderful trip down down memory lane.

Everyone is different so please don't feel like you have to copy me. If this idea sounds like something you would like to do by all means give it a try. But everyone has to find their own nitch. But for me I find that I prefer to save the things my children give me in the form that I just shared with you. I prefer doing it that way over keeping everything in one box somewhere in a closet. The other amazing and wonderful thing I find in doing this is that I almost always seem to find those notes at times when I am in need of reassurance of my mothering because at that moment I may be forgetting what a blessing it truly is to be a mother. Sometimes I may just need a good dose of cheering up and a dose of reality.

My oldest son will be 21 years old this year. He is out of the house and living on his own but I am still finding notes he wrote to me back when he lived here and when I find those notes it is like having him here all over again. I find notes of all kind from him. Some are apologies, some just say I love you, some are notes of him asking questions. There are just so many numerous types of notes that my children write me and I enjoy each and every one of them.

There are also times that the notes are a reminder of just how precious my children truly are. There are times I may find a note from a child who just happened to do something wrong and I found myself feeling very displeased with them and their actions. It always amazes me how God seems to use those notes and moments as a reminder and as mini lessons for me to focus on treasuring each and every moment with each and every one of my children. It is so true that they really do grow up very fast and we only get one shot at raising them right and raising them with love. God uses those notes of love as a reminder to show me that my children's hearts are truly filled with love but they are also human too. Even though my children may do wrong they are still precious and because their hearts are so full of love and filled with God's love I need to remember that yes they will make mistakes because they are human but they deserve forgiveness and grace just like the rest of us. Through those notes I find God reminding me to just enjoy everything about them good and bad because they are only little once.

I challenge you mothers who find this is something you want to do with your children. to begin writing them notes as I suggested in my previous post. Then hopefully over time they will begin to write notes back. When they do remember to store them all over your house. Find places to stow them away so one day you will just happen upon them and believe me it will always seem to be at one of the most perfect times. Do it with pictures they draw, photos, trinkets and notes. I promise you, every time you find one of those treasures you will be blessed more than you can ever imagine! Enjoy your children and keep their love and childhood alive by leaving little pieces of them throughout your home and your life over the years. Even when they are grown and gone you will still be enjoying their childhood through the items you come across little by little. One thing to remember is that God is a God who is all for writing notes of Love to us His children. His Word is full of love notes seek and you will find. They are encouraging, full of love, peace and happiness. Writing notes you cannot go wrong. May you be blessed in your mothering sweet mothers and sisters! Happy adventuring!

Dearest Lord,
I pray you touch each and every heart of every mother who reads this post. May your will be done in each of their lives and their families lives. Give them peace and happiness. Give them guidance and fill them with love! Keep them in the palm of your hand and speak words of love to them through your Word as you guide each and every step they take! In Jesus name I pray Amen~

No comments: